Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life after "The Big D!"

A dear old friend wrote me a letter today and her words were simple yet true. I quote her "I thought your life was perfect and mine was so flawed and I felt really sad." I responded that I knew my life before "The Big D" wasn't perfect, but I thought it was pretty good too! I actually really liked my life...my house, my friends, my place in the world. I am doing fine in my new life, but there are difficulties after "The Big D"... I'm sort of going through a personal crisis. I used to know my place in this world as a wife and mother. I'm now struggling with the fact that I have to start over in areas where I was perfectly happy.I love being a mother especially to the most fabulous son in the whole world, but to be honest,it's hard not being a wife, even if you don't like the person you were at one time married to. After "The Big D" the word "Single" is like a 4 letter word. Right now it's the worst, but I'm surviving. There is a point to all of this... My dear old friend also wrote... "I just wish that people were more open about problems and hardships in life so that we all did not feel so inadequate in our own trials. Photos on Facebook and blogs and smiling faces when we see people are not always accurate reflections." So in response to her statement... I pledge to share honest feelings after "The Big D" along with all the happy moments!

3 comments:

  1. You're amazing Shannon, such a strong women. Mack is so lucky to have you as a mom. Here's to many happy times ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me all choked up! You are amazing, Shannon. I too, pledge to be more open and honest - life is hard, but knowing we are all in it together makes it so much easier and more joyful! I have no doubt that you will be find your place, although transitioning is really hard. Whatever you need, we are all here for you! YOU ARE LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Keep the faith. We still pray for you guys.
    And my life is not perfect...great, but not perfect. There I said it. :)

    ReplyDelete